Sabtu, 07 Februari 2009

Beasiswa Jepang

( Dari kiri ke kanan) Ketua Komite Pelaksana Bpk. Gobel, Menlu Hassan Wirajuda, Menteri Perhubungan Bpk. Yusman Syafii Jamal, dan Dubes Ebihara. )

Beasiswa Jepang

Memilih Sekolah

Foreign students can enroll in one of five types of institutions of higher learning: universities (undergraduate courses), graduate schools, junior colleges, special training colleges (post-secondary courses) and colleges of technology. Because each student may have a different reason for choosing to study in Japan, you should clarify your objective before selecting a school.

  • Do you want to earn a degree or conduct long-term research?
  • Do you want to acquire proficiency in the Japanese language through study at a Japanese-language institute or preparatory Japanese language courses established by private universities?
  • Do you want to acquire a certain specialized skill?
Once you have clarified your objective, you can then find the educational institute that is most suitable for attaining your goal.


There are about 765 universities in Japan, including national, public and private ones. The length of study in an undergraduate university is four years with the exception of medicine, dentistry and veterinary science department, which require six years of study.

For information regarding undergraduate courses at specific universities, please refer to the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) web site.

A personal experience of a foreign student at the undergraduate level (Waseda University)

Graduate School

The length of study in a graduate school depends on whether you are matriculated in a master's program or doctor's program.

Master's program: lasts for two years.

Doctor's program: lasts for five years.

Generally, the doctor's program is divided into the first period (two years; applicable to the above-mentioned master's program) and the latter period (three years). However, the length of study for the doctor's program in medicine, dentistry and veterinary science (entered upon after completion of the six-year undergraduate courses in medicine, dentistry or veterinary science) is four years. Some universities offer doctor's programs covering the full five years while others offer only the final three years.

For information regarding specific graduate schools, please refer to the Asian Students Cultural Association web site.

A message from a student who studied at the graduate level (Keio University)

Junior Colleges

The length of study is two years or three years depending on the department. The majority of department are those related to home economics, humanities, education and sociology.

Special Training Colleges

Special training schools that offer post secondary courses are called special training colleges. Such schools are positioned as higher educational institutions in Japan. They provide vocational education as well as education in the skills, technology and knowledge needed in life. The length of study is one year or more, but most courses are two years in length.

For information regarding special training colleges, please refer to the Metropolitan Tokyo Professional Institution Association web site.

Colleges of Technology

Colleges of technology provide junior high school graduates with five years (five and a half years for merchant shipping courses) of education. There are about 60 colleges of technology in Japan. They offer courses related to engineering, merchant shipping as well as other fields.

For information regarding colleges of technology, please refer to the following web sites: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology

Association of National Colleges of Technology, Japan

A message from a student who studied at a college of technology (Tokyo National College of Technology)
  1. (
  2. (

Tidak ada komentar: